Thursday, 17 March 2011

Red Gorguss Girl

This inspiration for this card started with a deep red rose which was quite a strong colour choice for me but I though was a good match for this sitting Gorguss Girl Image.

The papers I used are K&Co and I coloured the card with Promarkers and added shading with a black Prisma Pencil. I stamped the background and inked it with distress inks.

To embellish it I machine stitched round each of the background layers and added flowers, Stamens, rafia, a punched butterfly and leaves.

The inside of the card has been designed to mirror the layout on the front.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:

As I don't really have many outlets for my cards at the moment, I have decided to list this card for sale on Ebay.

Thanks for looking. Carolyne

13 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwww! Absolutely stunning coloring, gorgeous papers and embellishing...I love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice on colors, they really make the card. So stunning!

    Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter... Hope to see you again soon!!

    ~Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratulacje, naprawdę cudne kartka :)
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card, the colours are beautiful. i love gorjuss girls! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is stunning! so beautiful is a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!

    Thanks for joining us on our "Flowers for Mum" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW amazing card. I love your wonderful colouring.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - love everything about it.
    I like how you have decorated the inside to match too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats your card is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy wowzers!!!
    Soooo beautiful!
    Incredible shading and use of color!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete