I decided to try using the Edwin Surfer that came with one of the Magnolia Stamp Club sets. I coloured him in using prisma pencils and inked the background using ink dusters and distress inks. I used DCWV Dress it up (blue/green) and magnolia skull and crossbones papers.
I embellished the card using a DCWV stitched ribbon, a time holtz dies cut swirl which I embossed with black glitter embossing powder to add texture. three pewter brads and a Lili of the Valley sentiment.
I decided to try out this sweet Sarah Kay image for a change. I have quite a few but haven't used them that much in the past as i found as I struggled to get a clear image using my water based inks (as the ink seem to pool a bit on the stamp) but since i bought a "clearly better" ink pad I've had much better results.
I used a DCWV romance (brown) and two Nitwits papers (blue), coloured the image with prisma pencils and imked the background with ink dusters and distress inks. I embellished the card with an organza bow which I heated slightly to get it to crinkle up and a couple of die cut corners.
This was my second attempt at colouring a Gorguss girl with promarkers and adding shadows with a black prisma pencil. I used a DCWV paper as the background and added two Bearly Mine papers as the panels, the colour combination was an unusual choice for me as i tend to go for the obviously toning choices for colours, but i really liked these together.
I cut the main image and the Lili of the Valley sentiment out with nestabilites (and was rather annoyed to discover that my smallest oval nestie has gone astray especially as I have a horrible feeling its ended up in the bin at some point). I cut the border with an EK Success panel and embellished the card with an organza ribbon and a satin ribbon and bow.
I made this for a friend at work who was leaving to have a baby, I was at a bit of a loss as to what to buy her as she had bought virtually everything for herself. Although I'd left it until the last minute and only had one evening to come up with something I remembered seeing these little drawer easel cards last year and I decided to try to make one to hold a little gift (5 pairs of scratch mitts).
I made the drawer and box from mountboard and card, and printed off some Nitwits papers which I matted onto a contrasting card and stitched around the edges. The main image (which was coloured with prisma pencils) and the sentiment were framed using nestabilities and a border for the panel on both the base and main card were punched using a Martha Stewart lace heart punch.
I embellished the card using pearls, flowers, punched leaves and made a handle for the drawers from an eyelet, a bead cap and a brad.