Thursday 27 January 2011

Sari Tilda

This inspiration for this card card came from the DCWV Pocket of Posies paper (which I've have for ages). On flicking through it i found an orange layered background paper and although orange isn't really my colour, on spotting the paisley motifs I decided that this Tilda image would be a perfect match. To go along with this i chose a handmade glittered paper which seemed to complement the sari/Indian theme.

I coloured the Tilda with promarkers and added shading with a black Prisma pencil and inked the background using ink dusters and distress inks.


I embellished it with a punched out dragon fly, a selection of flowers, a couple of decorative pins, a Craft Work cards greeting, a bit of sari ribbon and a touch of glitter onto her bindi.


I am entering this card for the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge #2 (Getting Warmed Up - Fri**) and the Totally Gorguss Challenge #64 (Hot hot hot! - Sat)
Carolyne

3 comments:

  1. Oh Carolyne, this is an amazing card! Lovin those hot hot colours! Thx for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss honey!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great "hot" card.
    Thanks for joining us at TG this week
    hugs sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the colours :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete