This is the first easel card i have tried and i was quite happy with the result.
- Papers - K&Co papers and blue and off white pearl cards
- Stamped Image - Lilli of the Vally.
- Letters - Cut using cuttlebug dies.
- Paper Lace - Cut using Martha Stewart doily border punch.
- Embellishments - Pearls, ribbon, flowers from stash, leaf punched from card
- Greeting - Printed from computer.
- Tools used - Cuttlebug machine and dies, Oval Nestabilites, Leone M leaf punch, Distress inks (Old paper, Antique Linen and Walnut stain), Marvy Le Plume Pens, Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Doily Punch and glitter.
I stamped the image and water coloured it using Marvy Le Plume pens, printed the greeting from the computer. The edges of the image, greeting, mat and papers were all edged with a combination of distress ink and the edge of the image and the mat for the "MUM" letters were stamped with a small flourish stamp and matted everything onto blue pearl card.
I cut two strips of co-ordinating paper and using the Martha Stewart Doily punch to create a paper lace effect and edged them with distress inks.
I covered a piece of mountboard with the K&Co paper, cut letter from it using a cuttlebug dies, edged with distress inks and coated with glossy accents and crystal glitter.
I then assembled the card using ribbons, pearls, stamen and flowers from my stash and punched out leaves to embellish it.
As another first have decided to enter this for a few of the challenges that inspired me in various ways.
- Crafty Catz - Fancy edge and a ribbon
- A Spoonful of Sugar - Distress Inks, Pearls and Glitter
- Secret Crafter and Paperplay Challenges - Mothers Day
- Hanna & Friends - Blue/Brown
Hopefully none of these challenges mind me combining challenges, but if so please e-mail me.