Tuesday 23 February 2010

Something of a landmark moment for me - my very first post on my first blog.
.
This card was done as an order for a friend to give to her sister-in-law. I orginally did a card with this design as a 50th birthday card for a colleague, from that one card i have then been asked to do 60th, 16th and this 40th version.
.
I'm not 100% happy with the photographs, so I think i will have to spend a bit of time trying out various location in the house to find the best light and background.
.

Products Used:

  • Papers: Blonde Moments, Papermania and unknown card from my stash.
  • Numbers cut on the cricut.
  • Balloon, presents and cakes cut using cuttlebug dies and embossing folders.
  • Embellishments: Stickles, Papermania Gems and Embroidery thread from stash.

To highlight and edge the numbers and balloons I ran a Marvy Le Plume pink pen around the edge and used a fine line black pen to draw the stitching onto the numbers to create a border.


Well that's it for now, will have to get a bit more practice in on getting the format of my posts right but hopefully this is not too bad a first attempt.

Carolyne

No comments:

Post a Comment