This is for a friend at work, she chose the image from my stamp catalogue and told me she would like it to be pink (not really my colour) and sparkly. Again this was ordered after someone saw the card i'd made for my mum so I didn't want to stray too far from the original design and it is a variation on a theme from the other mothers day card i've done.
- Papers - Unkown pink distress paper fro stash, deep raspberry DCWV card and pearl card.
- Stamped Image - Rose - Creative expressions, Flourish - Fancy Pants.
- Letters - Cut using cuttlebug dies.
- Background mat embossed using cuttlebug embossing folder.
- Paper Lace - Cut using Martha Stewart doily border punch.
- Embellishments - Pink gems, ribbons, flowers and stamens from stash, leaf punched from card
- Greeting - Printed from computer and glossed with sakura pen.
- Tools used - Cuttlebug machine and dies, Oval Nestabilites, Leone M leaf punch, Prima ink (Pink), Rototrim trimmer, water brush, Shaving brush for shading, Marvy Le Plume Pens and Martha Stewart Doily Punch.
I stamped the image a number of times and water coloured it using Marvy Le Plume pen and cut out the leaves and 2 layers of the rose which were cut, shaped and layered onto the base image and added some irridescent glitter to highlight the rose petals, i added gems to the corners of the image for a bit of added sparkle.
I printed the greeting from the computer and traced the letters with a sakura glaze pen and embossed the background mat using a cuttlebug embossing folder.
The main background paper was stamped with a large flourish and versamark ink and rasperry sparkle perfect pearls was brushed on to it. The edges of the image, greeting, mats and papers were all edged with a the pink ink and the edge of the image, greeting and the mat for the "MUM" letters were stamped with a small flourish stamp they were then all edged with a deep rasperry card and then pearl card and were then cut with a scallop blade on a rototrim trimmer.
I cut two strips of co-ordinating pearls and raspberry card and used the Martha Stewart Doily punch to create a paper lace effect and added cream and pink ribbon and pink gems.
I covered a piece of mount board with some of the pink stamped and perfect pearls paper and cut the "mum" letters out and stuck them onto their mat.
It was then assembled using ribbons, pearls, stamen and flowers from my stash and punched out leaves to embellish it.
I am entering this for these challenges:
- Simon Says - Mothers Days/Girly (Tues 2nd Mar)
- Quixotic - Leave it Out! / Leaves (Wed 3rd Mar)
- Crafty Creations #57 - One Colour (Wed 3rd Mar)
- Crafty Calendar #6 - Flower Power (Thurs 4th Mar)
- Totally Papercraft #6 = Mother's Day Special Lady (Fri 5th Mar)